At age 53 I never dreamed I'd clean and jerk 55lbs over my body weight. Thanks CrossFit Troy family for helping make it happen. Every day you're there in the gym with me, this weekend you were 10 feet from me in competition. I could not have done it, or wanted to do it without you.
"For The Love of Crossfit"
Saturday, February 18th at 9:00am Crossfit Troy will be hosting a zany Valentine's workout showing love Crossfit style. Bring your friends to this open community workout, bring your valentine, or just bring yourself, but make sure you're there for the fun! Plan to stick around for some coffee and social time afterwards.
One last Element (from the Competition this past weekend)
After a brutal chipper WOD this weekend, see Mitch Lyons (Centerville CrossFit) hammer out the last element, 10 muscle-ups. Probably the hardest muscle-ups he's ever done.
CrossFit Games Open Competition.
Still not sure if you should sign up for The CrossFit Games Open Competition? We’ll make it easy for you. Even if you don't want to register the entire gym will be doing the workout. Take the step of choosing to be a part of the Official CrossFit Competition and see how you stack up with others in our region and country. This is your chance to taste what a CrossFit competition is like and put your skills to the test. No matter if you’re a veteran or have just started CrossFit, there’s a place for you.
• The workouts are released on Wednesday evenings of each week, beginning February 22
• Each Saturday, we will hold heats beginning at 10:00 AM and running approximately every 20 minutes. You will sign-up for your heat each week.
• On the first Saturday, February 25th, bring your friends and family; hang around afterwards for a cookout, and celebrate what may have been your first competitive experience.
• For those that can’t, or choose not to attend the Saturday competitions, we will offer an opportunity every Friday (prior to the Saturday WOD) at all class times to do the Open Competition WOD.
• For those of you that want to register your results for kicks to see how you stand regionally and nationally, or in hopes to qualify for our Affiliate team, you need to drop $20 and REGISTER HERE before February 22.
• The dates of our group WODs/cookouts will be: 2/25, 3/3, 3/10, 3/17, and 3/24
So what are you waiting for? Register TODAY!
Work up to a heavy Split Jerk
5 • 4 • 3 Rounds:
9 HR Push-ups
15 Barbell Front Rack Lunges