We learn to run, skip and jump in kindergarten; which has turned out to be a skill that comes in quite handy for CrossFit. So along that line, just like jumping, here are a few other important life lessons we learned early on that carry over into CrossFit.
- Fitness is fun!
- Play fair.
- Eat your vegetables.
- Hard work will produce the best results.
- Put things back where you found them and clean up your mess.
- And on the same note, sharing is important, but NOT bodily fluids, so clean up anything that literally belongs to you (blood, sweat, etc.)
- Make a friend – be a friend – and support your fellow crossfitters.
- Good posture is important, so use it – stand up straight.
- Learn to balance work and play – rest is important.
- Girls are as tough as boys – sometimes tougher.
- You are responsible for your actions. Be accountable.
- It’s ok to be scared, but don’t let fear stop you from trying.
- It’s ok to fail, but get back up and try again.
- Dream big. Have high expectations and reach for them.
- What we think, we become. So think you’re awesome.
- If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well.
- Listen and pay attention when your coach is training you – you just might learn something.
- What goes up, comes back down. So be prepared for that.
- Cheaters never prosper.
- What you put into life, you get out of life. Same goes for your workout.
And last but not least;
- How to count backwards.....3.....2.....1.....GO!
Front squat – work up to a tough 1 (take about 15 minutes to do this)
Rest 3 min
AMRAP - 85% of your tough 1 (AMRAP until failure. No standing & resting with bar on your shoulders.)
***record the number of reps on the board
10 8 6 rounds:
5 pull ups